Portland Cooling System Service and Repair
Cooling system test
- Overheating condition
- Adding coolant
- No heat in cabin area
- Coolant leak inside of vehicle
- Vehicle is not getting hot
System Test Includes:
- Check coolant level at radiator and coolant reservoir.
- Test coolant protection level, alkalinity level, and PH.
- Pressurize cooling system to confirm coolant leaks.
- Inspect condition of radiator, and heater hoses.
- Verify thermostat operating temperature.
- Verify vent temperature inside cabin area.
- Check engine coolant fan operation. Confirm fan(s) are turning on and off at correct temperature.
Cooling System Flush
When testing your coolant we use test strips to evaluate the condition.
We measure 3 things:
- Temperature protection
- Alkalinity level
- PH level
If any of these levels are not with-in specifications we recommend performing a BG cooling system flush. This will extend the life of your cooling system, radiator, water pump, radiator hoses, heater hoses, and heater core.